||11:00 a.m. – 11:30 a.m.
||11:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
||12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
|| 1:15 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
|| 5:00 p.m. – 6:30 p.m.
Asset Acquisitions within Special Situations
12:00 p.m. – 1:15 p.m.
Understanding Special Situations- Special situation investment opportunities can take many forms and involve a number of asset classes. They often arise from breaking news stories, rumors, changing demographics or even world wide pandemics. They may concern spinoffs, tender offers, mergers, acquisitions, bankruptcy, litigation, shareholder activism, stock buybacks, liquidations , dispositions and many other strategies that might impact a company’s prospects. This panel includes a cross section of professionals experienced in leveraging these opportunities and providing insight for the attendees.
Lorie Beers, Managing Director, Head of Special Situations and Restructuring, Cowen
- Rob Gould, Managing Director, Commercial & Industrial, Gordon Brothers
- Cindi Giglio, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP
- Joseph Marchese, Partner, PKF Clear Thinking
Lender’s Panel – “How Different Lenders See a Transaction Differently”
1:15 p.m. — 2:15 p.m.
Paul H. Shur, Esq., Shareholder, Becker & Poliakoff, LLP
- Meredith Carter, President & CEO, Context Lending
- John DePledge, Head of Asset Based Lending, Bank Leumi USA
- Robert L. Martucci, Executive Vice President and National Sales Manager for ABL, Rosenthal & Rosenthal, Inc.
- Jennifer Palmer, CEO, Gerber Finance, Inc.
Networking Break: 2:15 p.m. — 2:30 p.m.
Turnaround Panel – Healthcare and Long Term Care Issues in the Philadelphia Market
2:30 p.m. — 3:30 p.m.
Allen Wilen, Partner in Charge of Restructuring and Financial Advisory Services, EisnerAmper, LLP
- Jeffrey Hampton, Co-Partner in Charge of Restructuring, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Suzanne Koenig, President, SAK Management Services, LLC
- Linda McDonough, President & Founder, 50 Words Marketing
- J. Scott Victor, Managing Director, SSG Capital Advisors
- Allen Wilen, Partner in Charge of Restructuring and Financial Advisory Services, EisnerAmper, LLP
Networking Break: 3:30 p.m. — 3:45 p.m.
Views from The Bench
3:45 p.m. — 4:45 p.m.
A fan-favorite featuring a panel of bankruptcy court judges and attorneys offering their perspectives on the outcomes of recent bankruptcy cases.
Mark S. Indelicato, Esq., Partner, Thompson Coburn Hahn & Hessen, LLP
- The Honorable Magdeline D. Coleman, United States Bankruptcy Chief Judge for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- The Honorable Vincent F. Papalia., United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of New Jersey
- The Honorable Kevin Carey, (Ret.) United States Bankruptcy Judge for the District of Delaware, Senior Counsel, Hogan Lovells
- Sean M. Beach, Esq., Partner, Young Conaway Stargatt & Taylor LLP
- Mark Minuti, Partner and Co-Chair, Saul Ewing Arnstein & Lehr LLP
- Andrew I. Silfen, Esq., Managing Partner, New York and Chair of the Bankruptcy and Financial Restructuring Group, Arent Fox, LLP
5:00 p.m. — 6:30 p.m.
Please note regarding COVID 19: The Union League Club of Philadelphia is a fully vaccinated facility. This means all members, guests, staff, and vendors must be fully vaccinated to enter the building. The physical card or a photograph on a mobile device will suffice. You will be asked to show proof at the door.